09 January 2012

Annual blog post?

Sad that it's taken so long to get back here.

Enough about that.

Great ride to start the new year yesterday. Rode the Eleven from Boston to Houlton, ME and back per google maps 722 miles round trip. I'd hoped to make it up to Madawaska but Rt. 1 had a couple inches of nasty slushy slop so I drew the line.
At the info center in Houlton, ME. Warming up and checking conditions.


The new rear shock and re-worked front forks made a world of difference. The seat could use a bit of work but didn't really start to bother me until I was almost home. That and a cruise control so I can rest my right hand occasionally and we'll be all set.

Back at home, quietly awaiting desalination. 
It's clear why these made such great endurance racers, all day it just hammered along, didn't miss a beat.

No comments: